Just a few words to welcome you to my blog. A simple blog where I share whatever I come across on the web. Hope you enjoy and feel free to comment and don't forget to click on the ads...it won't hurt a bit I promise :)

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Thinking of selling your iMac?

If you are like me and keep everything on your mac then you will want to know what to do before selling it in order to afford a newer and better...macs always get better :)

Never forget to back up your mac!!
I cannot emphasise this enough. How many of you(like myself) have decided to do a fresh install thinking you have everything backed up only to realise just after clicking format the mac OS disk that you had forgotten bookmarks or a document for work or even your passwords.
Concerning iPhoto back ups, I usually copy all my photos and videos to another external disk as I have experienced problems when using the time machine back up system, it has always failed me LOL


De-authorise your iMac
You obviously want to be able to use your previously bought apps etc

Format then re-install
I usually do a 7 pass erase just to be sure no recovery software can recover any sensitive data.

There you have it. If you have any questions don't hesitate to post a comment and I'll be sure to reply

No comments: